I have some more shards of wisdom from my students. Because I teach the same lessons over and over again, some of them are just different answers to the questions that I ask over and over again. It breaks the monotony a little bit and makes my lessons that much more fun. Enjoy!!!




He is swimming in deep water. What must he do?
Student: He must drown!

***

Me: He is playing soccer on the road. What must he do?
Student 1: He must play baseball!
Student 2: He must play basketball!
Student 3: He must play badminton!
Student 4: He must play rugby!
Student 4 again: He must play curling!
Me: On the road?
Students: *Nod collectively*

***

Me: What questions use open?
Student 1: Can you open your mouth?
Student 2: Can you open your brain?
Student 3: Can you open my clothes? *Mimes ripping her shirt open*

Me: What questions use help?
Student 3: Can you help open my clothes? *Mimes ripping her shirt open*

Me: What other questions can you use?
Student 4: Can you love me?
Student 5: Can you kill me?
Student 6: Can you bury me?

***

Me: What is a metaphor for angry?
Student 1: My mom!
Student 2: Music teacher!
Student 3: You! (After I had sent a student out for swearing.)

Me: What is a metaphor for stubborn?
Student 4: A teenager!

Me: What is a metaphor for thin?
Student 5: A chopstick!
Student 6: A paper!
Student 7: A pizza!
Me: Huh?
Student 7: A thin pizza.
Me: *Shrugs and writes it on the board*
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment