Student: *pointing at the drawing of the smiley face on the board* Teacher, if long face means sad, then happy, short face?
Me: *trying not to laugh* No, it doesn't.
Student: I know teacher. It was just my gag.

***

During a class about similies
Me to a student: *looking for examples* What is pretty?
Student: *blank look*
Me: Okay, who is the prettiest in the class?
Student: *a minute of silence*
Co-teacher: *overhearing* She thinks she is the prettiest.
Me: Ah! That's okay. *Writing the example on the board* She is as pretty as me.
Student: *nods enthusiastically*

***

Me: *pointing at the sentence "I eat dinner with my friends" on the board* What is the past tense of eat?
Student: Ate.
Me: Good.
Student: *after a conversation with my co-teacher in Korean* What did you eat?
Me: Steak.
Students: *awwwwwww chorus*
Student: Ooh! Teacher! Next time you me call. *cue imaginary conversation with me on the phone*

***

Me: *walks into the classroom*
Students: *Ooooohhh chorus*
One student: Teacher! Delicious
Me: *confused look*
Student: Hair! *motions to show a fringe with her own hair and then gives a thumbs up*
Me: Thanks.
Another student: Teacher! *Something Korean*
Me: *confused look again*
Three girls in the front row: *Motion pulling on the handles of a motorcycle and make the movements followed by much giggling as they point at my leather jacket.*
Me: Okay... Can everyone turn to page 128.
Students: *More giggling*

***

Sitting in my staffroom, one of my favourite students comes up to me surrounded by his friends.
Ryu Seok Ryong: Teacher, do you remember I saw you on Sunday?
Me: *Blushes remembering that I was about to go out and was not particularly appropriately dressed for seeing my students* Saturday.
Ryu Seok Ryong: Okay.
Me: Why?
Ryu Seok Ryong: I just wanted to check it was you.

Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    <3 these comments. On the way out one night Neil and I saw some of my students...Neil was carrying a beer and I had straight hair...one came running over to check it was really me!


Post a Comment