I have been feeling like an absolutely terrible blogger this week! With disaster upon disaster striking me, the worst being Grant's looming departure and the more minor ones being my bed collapsing in the middle of the night and my school computer refusing to start the next morning, I haven't really been focussing too much on my writing. I did write an uber-update to all my friends and family, and am halfway through a ridiculously long blog about Busan which I am not sure it is such a good idea to post, purely because there is just too much information to depart in a single blog!

Instead of blogging, what I have been doing is reading. Not books, surprisingly (though I did manage to get somewhat interested in Shalimar the Clown this weekend - about time in my opinion!). No, instead I have taken to Google Reader, and have been subscribing to blogs! Lots and lots of blogs! Blogs from friends, blogs from acquaintances and even a couple of blogs from people I don't even know! But over the last two days, I have especially been focussing on blogs about photography.

Ever since I held the Canon in my hand, I couldn't help but become obsessed. It has been about a year since I held a decent camera, and I have definitely been going trigger crazy - on the first weekend after we acquired the camera, I snapped around 450 shots. This past weekend, I ended up taking 470 in one day and having to delete a whole bunch to make space for pictures of the temple. But, though I have certainly been having fun clicking away, I feel like there is still a lot I need to learn. And thus I have started following about five photography blogs, including one from a friend of mine. I have also finally set up a Flickr account and have joined a photography group there, even using one of my Busan photos to participate in their August challenge (see the photo on the right).

I also have an idea, inspired by a friend of mine here, of starting a 365 day photo project - a photo a day for a year. I am in two minds about it, because I really don't want to start something that I cannot follow through on, but at the same time I am hoping that this kind of project would inspire me to use the camera on a more regular basis and get used to using it, get used to playing around with it and make me more comfortable in my abilities, thus making me a better photographer.

So watch this space in a couple of days when I may be announcing my new venture (though it will likely be on a separate blog - I like to keep my Korean blog separate from my general life blog, after all. Thus Happy Hour!)
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment