Ask any of the people I have lived with and they will tell you: There comes a time once every six months or so when I get completely bored with my life and my routine and I decide that a change is needed. Ever since I moved to Grahamstown, that change has always been my room. When I was in residence, my room was small and there were few things that I could do with it, so I would take it upon myself to change the pinboard above my head and adorn it with varying posters and cutouts from magazines. When I moved into my house with Michael, Paige, Amy and Richard, I would get the boys to help me move my bed and desk and closet around in addition to covering my walls in posters (the excuse that I gave the landlady was that the walls were peeling. While this was the case, I'm sure that I would have ended up putting the posters on the walls anyway. I just might have been more careful about it.)

I have been in Korea for six months now and the need for change struck me quite awhile ago, but faded once I realised that the bed was too heavy for me to move on my own. Now that I have a visitor, I enlisted his help and together (okay, so it was mostly just him) we changed my room around. To show you the rennovations, here are some photos of what the room looked like before we got to work (you may recognise them from the walkthrough of my room that I did when I first arrived):





Now to show you some of the photos of my room as we have rearranged it.




The main motive for the switch was to move the bed closer to the light switch, and this has been accomplished successfully. Now hopefully I will be able to take advantage of all the books that I have bought from What the Book! We shall see. Let me know what you think!
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment